Market Intelligence Keys for the University Recruitment Process
In a very demanding and growing educational market, marketers around the world managing Universities and colleges accounts need to be savvy enough to understand, develop and sustain a portfolio of programmes and courses that are responsive to current and future demands.
A great student recruitment strategy has to be designed to foster the conditions that will enable the University to achieve our collective ambitions and ensure is well placed to succeed in a progressively competitive and complex global market.
First of all, we should take care of these 7 details below:
- Universities should more efficiently collect, analyze and use strong market intelligence to inform portfolio development, recruitment marketing plans, activity, and pricing. These institutions must do more when it comes to using information captured to analyze enquirers, pre-applicants and those who decide not to apply at the end, to learn their journey and tackle the new ones with strategies already studied and verified.
- Develop a business case for a fit for the purpose customer relationship management system, to enable personalized, positive engagement between student and the university from the first point of contact and so on, moving forward collecting data regarding market demands, impact and cost of recruitment tactics and interventions.
Read a similar blog post here
- Identifying and managing the most well-known programmes between students, analyzing the statistics on past campaigns we can see which ones are the most popular and which are the ones with the most potential in the portfolio.
- Explore the options of funding some programmes. Attracting students by offering quality scholarships are key to get anybody´s attention regardless of their background or income. Financial incentives across higher education globally are concentrated to those with greatest academic achievements and potential, leaving behind kids from poorer backgrounds who have limited to education or funds. In this context, it is vital to get a package of fee funding programmes that will be able to attract that marginalized percentage and help them join the student community.
- In order to be heard in an increasingly crowded, multi-channel, multi-optional environment, the University must effectively send a clear, compelling message in a firm, engaging way, about the purpose and value of the programme they’re offering. These messages should be tailored geographically, demographically and by market segment, engaging not just with students, but to their parents, who will be their principal sponsors of their children´s education.
- Recruitment communication should focus on what matters most to students, reach their interest, make it attractive so that they actually want to study in your University. Install and build institutional values, brand values and key messages with recruitment tone purpose.
- Develop and online recruitment hub, as a single source of good practice is important to have a fast University website, as this will be the first student’s main source of information.
Every action included in the strategy should be designed to create the conditions that enable the University to meet its broad student recruitment goals. Success will be measured by the implementation of creative efforts and actions.
Discover how we are helping thousands of Universities with their Marketing plans for international student recruitment purposes by clicking on this short video Here